Thursday, December 18, 2008

::lots of rolls::

Aaron loves his friends at school and decided that they needed a Christmas gift. What is more perfect for a group of 3 and 4 year olds than some crayons and a felt roll to hold them in?? So, Aaron and I sewed (he likes to sit on my lap and "guide" my hands) and filled each roll with a rainbow of brand new crayons!





I also made each of his teachers a pen roll. When I taught school, I received very thoughtful, but not terribly useful, gifts. I hope they enjoy and use them. I think they really turned out lovely.



As Christmas quickly approaches, I find my list not getting that much smaller. I have great intentions of making some dolls for the kids and other handmade things for friends and family. I think some of those things will be given at a later date, maybe for a birthday or for no reason at all.

::Decluttering::
It's coming along! I have gone through my closest, which needs another sorting, and Aaron's room. Keeping the house clean and tidy is becoming more natural and something I want to do because of how I feel when it's all done. Believe me, cleaning is NOT my favorite thing to do.

Next... I'm hoping to get the office done. I want to redefine the space as a family creative room, which will take a lot of work, but will be completely worth it.

off to bed - sleep awaits..

No comments:

Post a Comment