Thursday, December 4, 2008

{:a creative space:}

::a beautiful, inspiring, calm space where laughter and creativity reside::

I have been inspired by SouleMama (in blogroll). She writes of creating a creative space in your home for the family. This idea speaks right to my heart.

Right now, my "office" is a cluttered mess and it is on my list to purge and declutter it. After reading about the creative space, I decided that I want to empty the whole room and start from scratch. Not an easy task! Right now, it holds our desktop computer, 4 huge shelves filled with scrapbooking, quilting, crocheting, and sewing stuff as well as a TON of fabric. I can't forget my 4 sewing machines (I so use 3 of them) - thank you mom!

I visualize a space where I can work/sew and A & M can come in, get some art stuff and do their own projects.

I think this idea has become so important to me because I have gotten much busier with my business. I find myself trying to get work done while the kids are otherwise occupied and at that time I'm not as connected to them as I want to be. And when they do come in while I'm working, they don't have anything in there that's FOR them. M presses buttons on my machines, searches for straight pens and strings my spools of thread from the office to the kitchen! It's like walking into a spiderweb! And A does like to play on the computer, but for the most part, he just asks questions about what I am doing. I love how he questions, but he would be much happier and more creative with his own things there for inspriation.

Now, I just have to talk to my hubby about it. He really doesn't use the room, but maybe if it were a creative family room, he would.

In the meantime, here are some of my latest creations:





A's Super Why costume:

When he wears this costume, he completely transforms himself! He even prefers to be called "Super Why"! I love him, no matter what name he prefers.



Goodnight. Tomorrow is a big day of decluttering, working and a dr. appt for my hubby.

~C

No comments:

Post a Comment